This past Sunday we gathered and prayed for our church and that God would use us to make a Gospel impact in Greenville, NC to uttermost parts of the world. Here are several things we were able to pray for:
1) We installed our new elder, Todd Hammell. Several months back we acknowledged Todd as an elder candidate. But this past Sunday we made the official announcement that Todd will be one of our new elders. Pastor Scot read 1 Timothy 3, the qualifications for an elder, and we prayed that Todd would keep these qualifications so that he could best serve our church body.
2) We stressed the importance of Life Groups. We prayed that God would build our community and that life on life discipleship would continue to happen. We also celebrated with hearing testimonies of how God has used Life Groups to impact people within our church family.
3) We prayed for our efforts to reach lost people in Greenville. We highlighted the importance of being a part of ServeGreenville. We then prayed that things like ServeGreenville will challenge us to find opportunities to share the Gospel to those around us.
4) We acknowledged two areas we want to see growth:
- Prayer - we want a culture of prayer in our church. Our desire is to be a church that “prayers without ceasing”
- Missions - we asked that God would give us the right opportunities to take the Gospel to uttermost parts of the world and that God would gives us the right people to send out in our church planting initiatives.
As always, all of these areas require wisdom from God. We must be a people who humbly ask for His favor. Please take a moment to pray for these things as we trust that God will continue to be faithful to His Church.