This past Sunday was a historic day at Integrity Church as we announced a new exciting opportunity on the horizon. After much searching and praying, we believe that God has provided a future Sunday morning gathering space for our church!
Where is it?
In the near future, our location will be 2725 East 14th St. in Greenville. This building is currently being used by Unity Free Will Baptist Church as they are in the process of relocating into their new facility. Early in 2014, Unity sold their current building to John Paul Catholic High School and they are renting it back from them until they move into their new location. Once UFWBC finishes their new facility and moves out, JPCHS will move in and it will serve as the primary location for their high school. We will then rent the facility from JPCHS and will primarily use it on Sunday mornings.
What are the advantages?
- Size- This is a much larger space than our previous and current locations. The auditorium will seat over 400 people. This allows us to have room for more growth at two services. The space provides large rooms for our kids ministry as well.
- Permanence - Because JPCHS will not use the main auditorium on Sundays and will have limited use of it throughout the week, all of our Sunday morning setup will be left up. This means no more setup and teardown! JPCHS will also allow us to do some light renovations to the auditorium to match our aesthetic. Additionally, we will renovate the kids areas and they will remain set up as well.
- Flexibility - One of the challenges we have seen with being portable is not being able to rent from the same place week in and week out. This opportunity provides us a predictable and affordable meeting space on Sundays. We will also have the freedom to use the space for other events outside of Sunday mornings.
- Location/Visibility - The facility is in a great location! 14th St is a high traffic area that intersects with Greenville Blvd and it is in close proximity to ECU. JPCHS will allow us to have a permanent sign out front stating our name, meeting times and website.
- Office Space - Another great advantage to the location is that we will get two large modular units that are detached from the main building. We will renovate these units and use them as office spaces for our staff.
- Lease - We will go into a 5 year lease agreement, paying around what we pay right now in total facilities cost! If all goes well, we hope to extend our lease once the 5 years is up.
- Capital Campaign - We will have a small capital campaign to pay for some of the aesthetic renovations to the facility. But it will be minimal in comparison to most building/relocation campaigns. We will literally get the advantages of having a permanent facility debt free with no giant capital campaign!
When do we move?
As soon as UFWBC builds their new facility, they will move out. We will then make the necessary renovations and move in. The time frame is as early as October of this year or early 2016. Please pray that it would be sooner than later!
What do we do in the meantime?
Because The City Hotel and Bistro is undergoing renovations until around May, we will be between The Hilton and Eastern Elementary from January - May. We will do our best to keep you informed on where we will be. After May our plan is to move back into The City Hotel & Bistro until we can move in to our new space.
In the meantime, continue to be involved as usual. Continue to come on Sunday mornings as we start 1 John on January 18th. Continue to be involved in Life Groups, sharing the gospel with lost people, inviting friends to church, loving, serving and giving to our body. With transitions like these, there are always needs for volunteers. If you are not volunteering on a team, of your are but could serve more, please do so!
Most importantly, we encourage you to pray. Pray for our church as we make this transition. Pray for the new people that God may bring. Pray for our leaders as we strive to teach and care for you. Pray that we would mature and multiply believers to leave a Gospel legacy.